The personal decision and public proclamation to take ownership of one’s faith in Jesus Christ…
• for salvation from sin and death
• for following Jesus throughout life for transformation
• as attested to the church in the Apostle’s Creed
Voluntary Affirmation of Faith
This must be a personal decision. It must be free from any undue social, family or even pastoral pressure! After having completed training, each student is now free to publicly affirm his or her faith before the congregation during worship (WOW, WOW Sunday or a Sunday morning services). This rite is what is commonly known as Confirmation (the Affirmation of Baptism) and means that an individual publicly takes ownership of his or her relationship with Christ. This process, because it is voluntary, involves some components that each student is free to fulfill at his or her own pace.
• Participation in at least 1 mission trip or approved equivalent.
• Demonstrate consistent attendance. (WOW 6th-10th grade)
• Interview with a youth team member prior to Affirmation of Faith at a worship service.
• Must complete 3 service projects.
• Share his or her testimony (faith story) either live, a written testimony, or via video during his or her Affirmation of Faith at
a worship service.
Confirmation Sundays: October 29, 2017 and April 29, 2018
Information about high school opportunities will be posted here. Stay tuned.
Charity requires background checks for all staff and volunteers working with children and youth! This is for the safety of children, protection of volunteers and the church. This is safe and confidential. If you have not done so, please take a couple of minutes to complete the form online at http://www.ministryopportunities.org/charity.